Image may be subject to copyright
Image may be subject to copyright
Image may be subject to copyright
Image may be subject to copyright

aBOUT us

your hosts

Your hosts, Gary & Coni were both born and raised in Denver, Colorado, and were both introduced early in life to the wonder and beauty of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Both had family mountain cabins where they spent a lot of time.
Gary and Coni were married in Rocky Mountain National Park in 1995. They subsequently found themselves spending most weekends together hiking and camping , only to be sad and depressed having to drive back to the city on Sunday afternoons to prepare for their weekday jobs.
Gary & Coni eventually found a solution to their problem... a way to live and work in the mountains that they loved. In April of 1996, they purchased North's Park Lodge in Estes Park, rechristened it as the Swiftcurrent Lodge and have operated it ever since.
Image may be subject to copyright
placeholder
Image may be subject to copyright
 
The two log sided buildings were built in 1933, and the 2-story building was built in 1989, to replace an old log cabin (circa 1921) that was in extremely bad repair. Our existing office once housed the Totem Gift Shop.
The Swiftcurrent Lodge is located on the 'old' road, the original entrance, into Rocky Mountain National Park, which traveled to Trail Ridge Road and on over to Grand Lake. This road was closed in 1959 after the construction of Highway 36 going into the National Park.

The garage and the building next to it were built in 1921. The building next to the garage which now comprises Cottages 9, 10 & 12, used to be Mark's Grocery Store and Texaco Gas Station. At one time, the garage housed stables, a tea room and an ice house.
Over the years Swiftcurrent Lodge has been known as:
Kozy Up Kottages – 1920's - 1940's
Su-Mac Park Cottages – 1950's - 1960's
Park Lodge 1960's - 1970's
North's Park Lodge 1980's - 1996
Swiftcurrent Lodge 1996-present